Re: How could we make Grid Control send emails repeated forever, until the problem resolved

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:18:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 19, 5:29 pm, emdproduct..._at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I am learning Oracle Grid Control.
>
> If my server is down and I configured Grid Control to send emails to
> me, I can sepecify it send it to me every 15 minute and repeat say 100
> times.
>
> But that is not what I want.  I would like Grid Control to send me
> unlimited emails until the issue is resolved, or cleared.
>
> Thanks

This is a valid request that for which I have also wished. You can't.

What I can say is that you can query dba_outstanding_alerts rather than rely on Grid to email you what is outstanding.

We did this in a simple procedure with utl_mail, and it has worked great.

HTH, Steve Received on Tue Sep 30 2008 - 18:18:38 CDT

Original text of this message