Re: Report what tables or columns being used and how often.

From: Jeremy Smith <godtoall_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:40:17 -0700 (PDT)

You keep saying what I could do, but then that it has no real meaning.

I guess I should ask you how you would go about locating data in a DB with 1000's of columns that have been slow added one by one that are used for reports or function for a tools. We want to move to a new DB and only want to move the attributes that are being used.

So one table has 20 columns and 5 of them are no longer being access for possible old reports or tools. Then we don't want to move it to the new DB. My boss wants a report of what columns are being used and how often. If there is over head, then that is fine. I will include that as part of my project analysis, so that they know the full impact.

Thanks Received on Tue Sep 30 2008 - 15:40:17 CDT

Original text of this message