Re: Oracle Startup Removes SAP Registry Variables in Win2003

From: <if_investor_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Shakespeare,

Thanks for the response. I might use Regmon.

In brief, here is what happens:

  • I add a variable to the registry for SAP. ( I described the exact location in the previous posting). I monitor the registry through regedit.

(i) I shutdown SAP - The variable is in the registry (ii) I shutdown Oracle through 'shutdown immediate' - The variable is in the registry
(iii) I startup Oracle by using the command 'startup' in sqlplus - The var. is no longer in the registry
Oracle starts up without issues (Other than this registry change). (iv) SAP starts without problems. (With the env. variables containing entries that were previously in the regsitry)

Thanks,
DF