Re: Moving/compressing *.trc files.

From: Frank R. <trek1s_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 03:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 29, 12:34 pm, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On Unix systems in the past, I've set up a cron job to compress/move
> trace files over a certain age - for example, three days - with no
> problems.
>
> HTH
>
> -g

Thanks for the response.

My OS is Linux RedHat and yes, I've also deleted old logfiles using cron scripts. The main difference is tht in this case these trc files are still reported as used (by "lsof" command), that's why I am afraid of making some oracle background process crash if I suddenly wipe the file out. Received on Tue Jul 29 2008 - 05:46:27 CDT

Original text of this message