Re: Moving/compressing *.trc files.

From: Helma <helma.vinke_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 07:17:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 29, 12:46 pm, "Frank R." <tre..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 12:34 pm, gazzag <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
>
> > On Unix systems in the past, I've set up a cron job to compress/move
> > trace files over a certain age - for example, three days - with no
> > problems.
>
> > HTH
>
> > -g
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> My OS is Linux RedHat and yes, I've also deleted old logfiles using
> cron scripts. The main difference is tht in this case these trc files
> are still reported as used (by "lsof" command), that's why I am afraid
> of making some oracle background process crash if I suddenly wipe the
> file out.

oracle won't crash when open files are deleted. Even after accidental deletion, you can use the link in the /proc directory for recovery (e.g. if you accidentally deleted a datafile). This is only for unix systems which have a /proc directory. Received on Tue Jul 29 2008 - 09:17:59 CDT

Original text of this message