Re: Migrating an Application from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 10g

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:57:45 -0700 (PDT)

> > The so called ANSI style definitely works in Oracle. So no need to
> > change them somehow, except of course that either database1 and
> > database2 or dbo should be removed. Spekaing of joins I've tried to
> > classify them and also compare what works in Oracle and SQL server and
> > what not here:http://www.gplivna.eu/papers/sql_join_types.htm
>
> I was kind of vaguely thinking of some bugs I had seen, even more
> vaguely, wasn't there one where it worked correctly in ansi and not in
> oracle-style?

AFAIK initially (9i early versions) there were multiple bugs including the fact that one could get data from non-granted tables ;) but these Oracle versions are history and today there isn't real problems with this syntax any more.

> That is one excellent paper!

Thank you! :)

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Thu Jul 17 2008 - 13:57:45 CDT