Re: Changing DBID

From: Chuck <chuckh1958_nospam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:16:36 GMT

DANY wrote:

> I'm not an expert but I think that isn't possible to specify a new
> dbid.
> I don't read all the posts but if you want to remain with the same
> dbid, you can manually clone the database, instead of using rman
> duplicate command.
> Metalink notes :
> Note:360962.1 - Manual Completion of a Failed RMAN Duplicate
> Note:562556.1 - How to Manually Clone a Database to Another Node
>
> Dany

That would clone the production DB's dbid. I want to reuse the test db's original dbid.

The only other thing that might work would be to use transportable tablespaces but that requires then to be placed into read-only mode for a while on production and I cant do that. Received on Wed Jul 16 2008 - 13:16:36 CDT

Original text of this message