Re: Can you prevent commits from a client application?

From: Kai Rode <nikkit_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:30:58 +0200

>Sorry I'm not being clear here - I would like do a series of updates
>and inserts, and then once all that is finished, turn off any ability
>to make changes. In other words, a run-time and dynamic change in the
>read-only state (such as with alter session).

My idea (haven't had time to test yet): Create a table with a deferred constraint CHECK (1=0). Insert a row into that table, then let your testers play. If anyone tries to commit, the commit will be prevented by the failed checking of the deferred constraint. Received on Wed Jul 16 2008 - 14:30:58 CDT

Original text of this message