Re: create database fatal error

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:16:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 4, 4:47 pm, Tommy Halsbrekk <to..._at_dummy.no> wrote:

snip

> I have searched the web and I find very little concrete information
> about the tablespace size that will help me understand what I have done
> wrong. So in an attempt to enlist some concrete expert help, I turn to
> this list. So I dont have to sit down and read three oracle books just
> to figure out this simple question. ( I have already read three other
> books to get to where I am now, with this script, with very little
> relevant to my situation)
>
> So, any help would be appreciated.

DBCA is now oracle recommended method for creating new databases. ( Well it has been for a while and actually in recent release it kind of works most of the time ... ).

If you are not a real strong oracle dba ... then dbca is the way to go. If you are doing stuff at a script level you better be able to cut the mustard ... that's just the way it is for better or worse.

Of course there is always the option of opening a tar ( aka service request ) and working directly with oracle support. Received on Fri Jul 04 2008 - 15:16:57 CDT

Original text of this message