Re: create database fatal error

From: Arch <send.no_at_spam.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 00:26:51 -0400

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:47:19 +0100, Tommy Halsbrekk <tommy_at_dummy.no> wrote:

>Ana C. Dent wrote:
>
>> We can only see what you post & what you post may not actually reflect
>> reality.
>
>If you think there is other information that is relevant which I have
>not posted in any of my previous posts, please let me know.
>
>To answer your question number 1, what I posted was the template script.
>
>> 2) The SQL above contains "reuse undo tablespace" which it should to
>> succeed on multiple retries; but it does NOT contain "reuse" for the
>> other files. If it did not error out then I suspect multiple
>> system01.dbf files exist. Who knows which is actually opened & being
>> used.
>>
>> OK, you have a problem, but nobody here has enough credible data to get
>> you much closer to a working database.
>
>See my previous post which contains error log etc. It has previously
>been concluded that the system tablespace is too small.
>
>Let me rephrase the question; how do I increase the size of the system
>tablespace? I thought the modifications I did to the CREATE DATABASE
>statement would do it, but apparently I was mistaken.
>
>I have searched the web and I find very little concrete information
>about the tablespace size that will help me understand what I have done
>wrong. So in an attempt to enlist some concrete expert help, I turn to
>this list. So I dont have to sit down and read three oracle books just
>to figure out this simple question. ( I have already read three other
>books to get to where I am now, with this script, with very little
>relevant to my situation)
>
>So, any help would be appreciated.
>
>regards

What you haven't posted is the reason why you choose to not use the Oracle DBCA in the first place.

Nor have you posted why, when Sybrand informed you that the script that you originally posted was way short of adequate space for SYSTEM, you posted a code snippet from some template script. What does one have to do with the other? Why did you not modify your original script? Where did you original script come from? Received on Fri Jul 04 2008 - 23:26:51 CDT

Original text of this message