Re: Oracle support is sub-optimal

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:12:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 4, 3:27 pm, "gym dot scuba dot kennedy at gmail" <kenned..._at_verizon.net> wrote:

snip

> I hope Oracle isn't going the way of the Detroit Auto makers of the early
> 80's until very recently.  Think you have no competition and then just have
> quality and customer service suck.

Ummm well not exactly. Financially oracle looks like they will be doing well for the long term ... not a direct or relevant analogy probably.

>  I remember when Ihad a critical SR (TAR
> then) about 10 years ago.  I worked non-stop with Oracle techs and once they
> were able to reproduce the problem I had a patch within 4 hours.

In dog years 10 years ago working with oracle support was a lot longer eh?

>> If the puppet heads are listening they are taking their eye off the ball.

> Customer support is not good.  It should be outstanding if I am down.  I
> understand call deflection for less serios issues, but heck, my production
> db is down.

Good luck Jim. On the 4th of July with a real sev 1 ... all I can do is keep my fingers crossed for you. I cannot imagine that many of the talented support staff will be handling problems today. Received on Fri Jul 04 2008 - 15:12:08 CDT

Original text of this message