Re: Protect record from deletion via trigger

From: <>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:05:48 -0700 (PDT)

This is the Oracle Version... sorry for missing that information:

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release - 64bi

Setting such a policy sounds intresting. What does such a policy do..? Rewrite the delete statement?

Useing such a procedure would not solve the problem the records needs to be there all the time. I tried to insert the records in the trigger after it's deletion but i got the error 'trigger could probably not see the real values' something like this.. sorry i don't remember the error code.

I know these 'requirements' sound a little bit weird but there are two problems i have to face: i can't change the underlying application, and changeing the customizing in this case will break my deadline extremly.

Another approche to solve the problem could be a multiple table insert together with a sequence. But useing this sequence in the 'INSERT ALL' statement raises the error message Error(450,34): PL/SQL: ORA-02287: sequence number not allowed here

Thanks again..

Markus Received on Tue Jul 01 2008 - 13:05:48 CDT

Original text of this message