Re: Protect record from deletion via trigger

From: Mark D Powell <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:07:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 1, 2:05 pm, "" <> wrote:
> This is the Oracle Version... sorry for missing that information:
> Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release - 64bi
> Setting such a policy sounds intresting. What does such a policy do..?
> Rewrite the delete statement?
> hpuxrac:
> Useing such a procedure would not solve the problem the records needs
> to be there all the time. I tried to insert the records in the trigger
> after it's deletion but i got the error 'trigger could probably not
> see the real values' something like this.. sorry i don't remember the
> error code.
> fitzjarrell:
> I know these 'requirements' sound a little bit weird but there are two
> problems i have to face: i can't change the underlying application,
> and changeing the customizing in this case will break my deadline
> extremly.
> Another approche to solve the problem could be a multiple table insert
> together with a sequence. But useing this sequence in the 'INSERT ALL'
> statement raises the error message Error(450,34): PL/SQL: ORA-02287:
> sequence number not allowed here
> Thanks again..
> Markus

A policy associates a package designed to modify the query predicate to a table so that every SQL statement issued against the table is modified with this predicate. The though occurred to me that if you add "and key_col <> 'value' " via the FGAC should work.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jul 02 2008 - 10:07:13 CDT

Original text of this message