Re: Recovery Manager (RMAN) problem

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:20:37 +0200

sati_82 wrote:

> The mechanism which I want to develop shuold allow to rollback to e.g.
> 1 month (or more)
> in the past. I read that Flashback Technology is better solution for a
> "short-distance". Do you agree?

That's insane!

I for one, would NEVER, ever allow 1500 people's work for a month to be destroyed because one stupid bastard screwed up 6 weeks ago, and was too yellow to come forward.

Nope - flashback is the way for user errors, combined with exports. Not RMAN (of course, you use RMAN for your regular backups, but that serves another purpose.)

Ah - wait - you are developing a new bookkeeping system. <g>

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel