Re: Recovery Manager (RMAN) problem

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 00:18:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 2, 11:25 am, sati_82 <krys_..._at_interia.pl> wrote:
> I have the following problem. I need to implement a mechanism which
> will restore a database to its state in the past. The restore
> operation should start on demand. The machanism is supposed to be some
> kind of antidote for user errors (e.g. a user had changed data in DB
> and after that it turned out that all changes made were wrong and DB
> has to be restored to its state before the user changes).

Hmmm, are user errors so frequent that you need a mechanism for this? It seems, you might either need to better educate your users or control access in a way that no damage can be done. Depending on the application at hand and the nature of errors I can think of a number of ways to do this, e.g. constraints, staging area where changes are entered and are only propagated to the main data if a second user confirms them.

Just a few thoughts.

Kind regards

rober Received on Tue Jun 03 2008 - 02:18:04 CDT

Original text of this message