Re: Recovery Manager (RMAN) problem

From: sati_82 <krys_tek_at_interia.pl>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 07:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

On 3 Cze, 09:18, Robert Klemme <shortcut..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, are user errors so frequent that you need a mechanism for this?
> It seems, you might either need to better educate your users or
> control access in a way that no damage can be done. Depending on the
> application at hand and the nature of errors I can think of a number
> of ways to do this, e.g. constraints, staging area where changes are
> entered and are only propagated to the main data if a second user
> confirms them.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately neither user education nor DB constraints
can be applied in such situation. The rollback mechanism is suppose to protect from a invalid data loading process. In the system users are able to load
data from a file into DB. The most frequent error is that the file can include
incorrect data (although the file structure and relations between data can be correct).

Regards,
Krystian Received on Tue Jun 03 2008 - 09:38:10 CDT

Original text of this message