Re: RAC srvctl /bin/java not found

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 19:29:07 +0200

On Fri, 30 May 2008 09:28:51 -0700 (PDT), "Pete's" <empete2000_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi all:
>
>Pertinent info:
> IBM p55a - 2 lpars w/ AIX 5.3 TL5
> Each LPAR has RAC installed, 10.2.0.3 PC 6
>
>Node 1 has been spontaneously combusting(rebooting), nice. Oracle
>support has not been helpful in solving the problem except to apply
>the latest Patch Cluster for 10.2.0.3 or whatever they call it.
>Applied it and still spontaneous combusts, but after the latest one I
>get the following when trying to use RAC utils on Node 1:
>

> $ORACLE_HOME/bin/srvctl[189]: /bin/java: not found
>
>Run a 'which java' and find in the path but then for kicks, in /bin I
>added a sym link to where the jre resides. Then running the srvctl
>util I get the following:
>
> srvctl status service -d DB1
> The java class is not found:
>oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.Constants
>
>Obviously something is corrupt now in my rac db home, but what? Not
>sure how I'll be able to fix this short of re-installing or restoring
>the home from tape. Anyone have any ideas?
>
>TIA,
>Pete's

You don't seem to have the env var JDK_HOME (/bin/java arises from JDK_HOME not existing and/or being NULL) and/or you don't seem to have a CLASSPATH environment variable.
I can't access a RAC system currently easily, so I can't provide a 100 percent correct answer.
As far as I recall the .jar files are located in $ORACLE_HOME/svrm.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri May 30 2008 - 12:29:07 CDT

Original text of this message