RAC srvctl /bin/java not found

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:28:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all:

Pertinent info:

   IBM p55a - 2 lpars w/ AIX 5.3 TL5
   Each LPAR has RAC installed, 10.2.0.3 PC 6

Node 1 has been spontaneously combusting(rebooting), nice. Oracle support has not been helpful in solving the problem except to apply the latest Patch Cluster for 10.2.0.3 or whatever they call it. Applied it and still spontaneous combusts, but after the latest one I get the following when trying to use RAC utils on Node 1:

     $ORACLE_HOME/bin/srvctl[189]: /bin/java: not found

Run a 'which java' and find in the path but then for kicks, in /bin I added a sym link to where the jre resides. Then running the srvctl util I get the following:

                   srvctl status service -d DB1
                   The java class is not found:
oracle.ops.mgmt.cluster.Constants

Obviously something is corrupt now in my rac db home, but what? Not sure how I'll be able to fix this short of re-installing or restoring the home from tape. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA,
Pete's Received on Fri May 30 2008 - 11:28:51 CDT

Original text of this message