Oracle Waiting for a process to open the other end of the pipe.

From: Fabio Zanotti <zanotti.fabio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 07:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have a windows 2k sever with Oracle 8.1.7 installed. Since two months, Oracle service cannot automatically start when I reboot the server.
I get this message from Event Viewer:
"OracleServiceXXX service failed to start due to the following error: Waiting for a process to open the other end of the pipe"

Instead the Listener service starts correctly.

In XXXALRT.LOG there is no message but in the listener.log I read:

TNS-12560: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process  TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter
  TNS-00530: protocol adapter error
   32-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory.

The OracleServiceXXX runs as Local System.

When I manually start the OracleServiceXXX on server, Oracle starts correctly. Why??

Any Ideas?
Regards.
Fabio Zanotti Received on Mon May 19 2008 - 09:22:08 CDT

Original text of this message