Re: Oracle Waiting for a process to open the other end of the pipe.

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:59:00 +0200

Fabio Zanotti wrote:
> Hi, I have a windows 2k sever with Oracle 8.1.7 installed.
> Since two months, Oracle service cannot automatically start when I
> reboot the server.

What changed the last two months? New version of firewall or virus software?

> I get this message from Event Viewer:
> "OracleServiceXXX service failed to start due to the following error:
> Waiting for a process to open the other end of the pipe"
>
> Instead the Listener service starts correctly.

Well, that nice for the clients - they will now get an Oracle Not Available error, instead of No Listener. But it has nothing to do with your problem.

You could try to remove, and recreate your services. Use the oradim utility (oradim -help show you how). Reboot between deletetion and creation of the services...

FvB Received on Mon May 19 2008 - 13:59:00 CDT

Original text of this message