Re: Memory Sizing Advice

From: Mike Jones <mj2008b_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 09:00:52 -0600

"Pat" <pat.casey_at_service-now.com> wrote in message news:c3b1b601-abd9-4d2c-acaa-e4d947b44bc5_at_d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

> The question I have is, is there any downside to me buying, say, a 32G
> box and setting the SGA size at 20G? Will I actually end up harming my
> performance with an over-large SGA (assuming I have enough physical
> memory to keep the box out of swap)?

I am in agreement with bhonaker. I do not see any issues with doing this. However, as others have indicated, this may not solve your problem. But I don't see it causing harm. Is it possible you could comment on the configuration of your current system as well as the configuration of the replacement system?

Mike Received on Sat May 10 2008 - 10:00:52 CDT

Original text of this message