Re: Explicit Cursor and Insert Into table question

From: William Robertson <>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 04:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 26, 3:13 am, General Fear <> wrote:
> I am using 10g.
> I am running a test. I want to create an explicit cursor. Then I want
> to put the data that is in the cursor into a table. The problem is
> that the table has a lot of fields. I could put the data into
> variables then use the insert into command.
> Is there an better way to use explicit cursors and put that data into
> a table? I tried searching the net but the examples did not help.

Just to nitpick, a table has columns not fields, and a cursor does not contain data, it is a specification.

I'm not sure what the number of columns has to do with the technical approach chosen, although the PL/SQL-only record insert might help, if this whole slowest-possible explicit row-by-row approach is what you really want: Received on Sun Apr 27 2008 - 06:08:49 CDT

Original text of this message