Re: public DST patches for 10g?

From: agt <gerryt_at_vcn.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:53:10 -0700

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, hpuxrac wrote:

h : On Apr 8, 12:16 pm, usenetpersonger..._at_gmail.com wrote:
h : > On the Oracle site you can download :
h : > Oracle Database 10g Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0) for Solaris Operating
h : > System
h : > (SPARC) (64-bit) for evaluation.
h : > I did this sometime ago but now I find that oem will not fire up
h : > due to a DST issue where some places on Earth have 'new' DST
h : > settings (like most of North America) and the agent thinks
h : > I'm 1 hour out of sync and refuses to start.
h : > For those of us who do not have or need a metalink account (: >)
h : > are there public patches available? I belive that 10.2.0.4 addresses
h : > this.
h : You need a valid support contract to be eligible to obtain patches.
h : Anyone that would supply you with the patches would be in violation of
h : their licensing agreement with oracle.
Good enough
h : So in other words, this is not the forum to ask about something like h : this.

I don't see why not - the question is answered, no one is asking to violate anything, simple: the answer is no.

As to what impression the current evaluation will leave on anyone downloading/installing/running it at the moment will be well.. Received on Tue Apr 08 2008 - 15:53:10 CDT

Original text of this message