Re: any info on dates when oracle 11g patchset may be arriving?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:27:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 27, 8:04 pm, Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudi..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:
> On Mar 27, 4:58 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>

> > Mladen Gogala wrote:

> > > Are we talking about the company that has released Oracle 10.2.x series
> > > of bugs? Of course they are pushing untested code. OUI stands for
> > > "Oracle's Untested Infuriator".
>
> > I spent many hundreds of hours testing it and can assure you, based
> > on the number of betas, that the testing was thorough.
>
> > Did some bugs sneak through? Absolutely. If you want perfection go
> > back to 3x5 cards. But given the huge number of features and the
> > complexity of the product the small number of bugs found is a triumph
> > of good design, and good change management.
>
> > Consider 10gR2 versus Windows. Two very complex systems. Oracle releases
> > regularly with major new features and "it works." Anyone want to trade
> > their XP or Linux for Vista?
> > --
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> > Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> > University of Washington
> > damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
> > Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org
>
> Honestly i've to say that i've encountered few bugs on 10.2.0.x and
> nothing blocking. So i can say
> that is not so full of bugs, also if the list of patches on metalink
> is huge. It is a complex
> software and something can go wrong.
> I think it is a bit early for asking a patchset for 11g today.
>
> regards,
> Cristian Cudizio
>
> http://oracledb.wordpress.comhttp://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com

Nevertheless, 11.1.0.7.0 is already in the list of selectable patchset versions in saved searches in the patch area of MetaLink, so it probably already entered internal alpha or beta test phase... 10.2.0.4.0 been on the list for like half a year before it was finally released though, so don't hold your breath yet. :)

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Thu Mar 27 2008 - 14:27:31 CDT

Original text of this message