Re: any info on dates when oracle 11g patchset may be arriving?

From: Cristian Cudizio <cristian.cudizio_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:04:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 27, 4:58 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:06:20 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:
>
> >> As opposed to announcing release dates in advance for marketing and
> >> public relations purposes and then pushing code out the door untested?
>
> > Are we talking about the company that has released Oracle 10.2.x series
> > of bugs? Of course they are pushing untested code. OUI stands for
> > "Oracle's Untested Infuriator".
>
> I spent many hundreds of hours testing it and can assure you, based
> on the number of betas, that the testing was thorough.
>
> Did some bugs sneak through? Absolutely. If you want perfection go
> back to 3x5 cards. But given the huge number of features and the
> complexity of the product the small number of bugs found is a triumph
> of good design, and good change management.
>
> Consider 10gR2 versus Windows. Two very complex systems. Oracle releases
> regularly with major new features and "it works." Anyone want to trade
> their XP or Linux for Vista?
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington

Honestly i've to say that i've encountered few bugs on 10.2.0.x and nothing blocking. So i can say
that is not so full of bugs, also if the list of patches on metalink is huge. It is a complex
software and something can go wrong.
I think it is a bit early for asking a patchset for 11g today.

regards,
 Cristian Cudizio

http://oracledb.wordpress.com
http://cristiancudizio.wordpress.com Received on Thu Mar 27 2008 - 12:04:26 CDT