Re: any info on dates when oracle 11g patchset may be arriving?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:24:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 27, 6:40 pm, Steve Howard <stevedhow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 6:44 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

> > > As opposed to announcing release dates in advance for marketing
> > > and public relations purposes and then pushing code out the door
> > > untested? Hardly!
>
> > Jeeezzz, have you guys already forgotten the "Propably version
> > 10.2.0.4 for Linux will be released in July 2008" prediction less than
> > a month ago? The quick links show that for linux 64 bit already,
> > though not Itanium or the IBM stuff.
>
> > It's all rumour and innuendo until the fat patch downloads.
>
> > So watch this space: http://wordpress.com/tag/oracle-11g-features-posts/
>
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > "What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots?
> > If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up... the pilot
> > dies."
>
> We had an instance crash on our sole 32 bit Linux platform a couple of
> days ago, and the support analyst pointed us to the 10.2.0.4
> patchset. I didn't ask, but wasn't that supposed to still be password
> protected?

No, it's officially out now, for Linux x86, x86-64 and Win32, with other platforms to follow (probably soon.) Win32 build on my test system installed flawlessly and the db still appears to work as expected, so now I'm waiting for HP-UX IA64 build before I start building my first Integrity/EVA-based RAC. :)

Regards,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Thu Mar 27 2008 - 14:24:11 CDT

Original text of this message