Mixed 32/64 bit environment

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:50:15 GMT

I'm in the process of upgrading several 32 bit 9i oracle homes to 64 bit 10g. My plan is to install 10g into a new home first then one by one upgrade the databases and move them to the new home. My question is this. Once the 10g home is installed, and before I upgrade any databases, can I start using the 64 bit 10g listener for 32 bit oracle databases? I know I can change the ORACLE_HOME setting in the 10g listener.ora file to point to 9i homes, but my main concern is will there be any issue with a 64 bit listener launching 32 bit oracle server processes?

Hope this is clear.

Thanks. Received on Tue Mar 25 2008 - 10:50:15 CDT

Original text of this message