Re: Multiple listeners for MTS

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 02:53:59 GMT

> I am posting this "post" is wondering whether other people use
> an additional listener before or it is a "bad" idea.

Do you realize that every NIC is a single threaded device?

So if a LISTENER is "talking" to a client, this means that no other LISTENER can be active at that same time.

In addition, a LISTENER only comes into play to make the initial connection between a client & the DB server. After the connection is established, the listener has nothing to do with active sessions.

So, explain again what benefit comes from having multiple LISTENERs. Received on Mon Feb 25 2008 - 20:53:59 CST

Original text of this message