Multiple listeners for MTS

From: <>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:39:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

   I am on oracle (on solaris 64 bits).

Current setup:

  1. Oracle server running one LISTENER, call LISTENER_TEST3 , running MTS server. (everything is fine).
    (this one listen on 41521)

Inside init.ora file:

I am trying to add an additional LISTENER called LISTENER_TEST3_2 using a different port 41525.
It work for me for dedicated.

But I only could add a dedicated one. Everything is fine for the additional listener.
I wonder how to add the "additional one " and also running MTS. I wonder whether I have to
put one more line inside the init.ora for the "local_listener" (I am going to look up the documentation). I am posting this "post" is wondering whether other people use an additional listener before or it is a "bad" idea.

lsnrctl serv LISTENER_TEST3_2

LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version - Production on 25-FEB-2008 18:33:59

Copyright (c) 1991, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Services Summary...
Service "TEST3" has 1 instance(s).
  Instance "TEST3", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

      "DEDICATED" established:1 refused:0

The command completed successfully

Thanks in advance.

Dominica Received on Mon Feb 25 2008 - 17:39:40 CST

Original text of this message