Incremental Commits and Disappearing Sessions

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:54:49 GMT

Oracle 10.2.0.3.0
Windows 2003 Server
16GB Memory (93% SGA( 93% Buffer Cache,<3% Shared Pool, <3% Large Pool), 7% PGA) In my continuing saga of disappearing sessions our off-site DBA has told us to do incremental commits.

It's always been my understanding that you only want to commit at the end of your logical transaction. After reading Tom Kyte's book that only reinforced that understanding.

Could anybody shed any light on why he would suggest this? Received on Mon Feb 25 2008 - 18:54:49 CST

Original text of this message