Re: Incremental Commits and Disappearing Sessions

From: Anurag Varma <avoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 07:48:24 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 25, 7:54 pm, "Dereck L. Dietz" <diet..._at_ameritech.net> wrote:
> Oracle 10.2.0.3.0
> Windows 2003 Server
> 16GB Memory (93% SGA( 93% Buffer Cache,<3% Shared Pool, <3% Large Pool), 7%
> PGA)
>
> In my continuing saga of disappearing sessions our off-site DBA has told us
> to do incremental commits.
>
> It's always been my understanding that you only want to commit at the end of
> your logical transaction. After reading Tom Kyte's book that only
> reinforced that understanding.
>
> Could anybody shed any light on why he would suggest this?

No clue. Ask your DBA why he suggests that?

I recall you started this discussion way back stating that there was a ORA-7445 error associated with it (right?). An ORA-7445 should leave a trace on the server side.
Other than that, have your tried tracing this session?

Anurag Received on Tue Feb 26 2008 - 09:48:24 CST

Original text of this message