Re: oracle vm intro

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 06:07:17 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 20, 2:47 am, codadilupo <yossaria..._at_operamail.com> wrote:
> Praveen wrote:
> > Virtualization is the process of abstracting computing resources so
> > that multiple operating system and application images can share a
> > single physical server. The advantage of this is to bring significant
> > cost-of-ownership and manageability benefits.
>
> Leaving out the plagiarism question for a moment...
>
> Am I the only dinosaur that insists to ask management to buy *real*
> servers for deploying Oracle software and doesn't want to see virtual
> machines in production?
>
> C.

No. I, too, prefer actual over virtual for production implementations. However some shops feel the need to pinch pennies and utilize older servers to host virtual machines in order to cut costs. I personally find the practice misguided (provided there is potential for funding the purchase of new equipment), but, that's me.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Feb 20 2008 - 08:07:17 CST

Original text of this message