Re: Online Survey about web based IT training.... iPod raffle!!!

From: just_asking <kanugop_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 12:18:21 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 7, 2:26 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 7:39 pm, just_asking <kanu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Dear Garry,
>
> > I don't mind taking this survey post off if its going to anger so many
> > people.  I have been trying to email moderators of different websites
> > and discussion groups like sapfans.com, etc. for weeks seeking
> > permission to post my survey link and no one has replied.  As a last
> > ditch effort, I am put in this link myself.  It is by no means to
> > offend or anger anyone.  The logic I used was, I am not selling
> > anything, just asking for feedback, but in the form of a survey so
> > that it is structured.   The marketing firm that helped create this
> > survey is in no way responsible for the posting on this discussion
> > board.
>
> > We are trying to come up with good and affordable ERP courses to
> > essentially help IT and non-IT professionals to become ERP
> > implementors.  WE want to target markets segments of people who are
> > being displaced by outsourcing and general layoffs...  I think its a
> > good cause and there is no better forum than this to help define what
> > is a good course.  But, if everyone feels that this post should not be
> > here, I will take this link off.  I will wait for a couple of more
> > replies and do accordingly.  Please note, I am an Oracle professional
> > myself... and mean no disrespect to any usenet group or member.
> > Infact I used to be a regular on this group myself years ago.
>
> > Regards.
>
> "...good and affordable ERP courses..." "...want to target markets
> segments" - how much more specifically commercial can you be?  Why
> don't you think comp.databases.oracle.marketplace is obviously a
> better place for this sort of thing?
>
> There are some posts where it is debateable whether they belong here
> (for example, doing what you claim to do but for free), but your
> survey isn't one of them.  As a regular, no matter how many years ago,
> you ought to know that.
>
> Are you a member of the marketing firm that helped create this
> survey?  Of the company that will be using the results?  Does it make
> a difference?
>
> Now, if you are targetting "people who are being displaced by
> outsourcing and general layoffs..." that might be a worthy goal - or
> you might just be one of many fly-by-night companies aiming to fleece
> those who are already down.  We have no way of knowing - it is even
> possible you are being manipulated or are naive, such things have
> happened.  Heck, it happened to the company I took a couple of OCP
> exams at, it was the biggest advertiser on some local radio stations -
> after a number of successful years, the guy just took off with a
> million bucks, leaving a bunch of out-of-work people in the lurch,
> responsible for loanshttp://microskillscloses.com/2006/10/23/im-shocked.aspxhttp://www.shutterflare.com/iboard/lofiversion/index.php?t230.html
> etc... and that wasn't even one of the fly-by-night ones.

> [...]

JG, how do I remove this post? I used the option in my post above... and this is what I got:
+++++++
You are not allowed to remove this message: just_asking Feb 6, 1:53 pm Online Survey about web based IT training.... iPod raffle!!!
Message ID: f382b88f-270c-45b5-b280-
fe0df1182114_at_f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com +++++++

Please advise...

I apologize for violating the charter of this group, this wasn't the intention at all. Also, this initiative is well intentioned and its my dream. I will try the group you suggested above, but will be careful this time and contact the admin (who in all probability I won't be able to find like all other usenet groups I tried) first... Received on Thu Feb 07 2008 - 14:18:21 CST

Original text of this message