Re: was(can someone please explain what this blog tagging this is all about?), now, happy NY!

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:51:55 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 29, 1:21 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 10:37 am, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>

> > Fixed in 10.2.0.4...not! :-)
>
> yeah!  right...
> :-)
>

> > Why a wipeout if it isn't expected to be a profit center?
>
> Like all other non-profit centres, it will
> slowly disappear.
>
> > Is redundancy really unnecessary?  Think about how you learn, do you
> > pick up everything on the first read?  I think redundancy in this
> > context is necessary, even if some bad memes get reinforced.
>
> Nope, redundancy in this context is totally
> unnecessary. First of all: blogs aggregators are
> not sources of learning.  They are purely and
> simply a convenience index.  I don't need 100
> aggregator blog lines telling me Tom Kyte has
> updated his blog: it's stupid and redundant.
> I can figure it out in a single line in OraNA.  It
> hardly needs any "reinforcement": the meaty
> content is in his blog, not the aggregators.

I was referring to the content of the aggregators, not the aggregation of the aggregators. Sorry for the lack of clarity, I must have misunderstood your comment that I was replying to, since it had referred specifically to oraNA.

> > encoded work, and perhaps many examples we never hear of).  In the
> > blogosphere, it becomes a data mining problem.  Everything is out
> > there, lost in the noise.
>
> So the solution is to add noise?

Given your background, you must understand noise-cancellation by adding 180 degree out-of-phase noise. :-)

> > But what makes you think Eddie is Oracle-marketing?  (as opposed to
> > simply being an enthusiastic supporter of new technologies)
>
> What makes you think that I think Eddie's
> is Oracle-marketing?  Why is it that
> once I say something about ratshit
> Oracle-marketing, someone has to twist
> it into what I didn't say?

Again, it appeared to me you were referring particularly to that one aggregator. I do agree generally with your stand on Oracle Marketing, it just looked to me... well, I apologize, I don't intend to twist your words.

> Eddie's OraNA is simply another victim of
> the dementia that is Oracle-marketing
> nowadays.
>
> That is the point: the fact that aggregators have
> been reduced to carriers of noise, because of
> silly marketing notions.
>
> > Aww, you just don't want competition:  http://www.orana.com/:-)
>
> That would indeed be silly of me, given
> that I seldom update my blog...
> :-)

(If anyone didn't get the joke: that orana's a custom wood furniture site, Noons has posted about woodworking.).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Sounds like linuxinsider's been listening to Tom; It's the data!