Re: OC4J JVM termination

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:45:56 +0100

"Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:2d8fb$4773ef80$524b5c40$10654_at_cache5.tilbu1.nb.home.nl...
> Matthias Hoys wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I installed OC4J on RHEL to use as a reporting server together with Apex
>> 3.0. The installation went fine, but I have 1 important problem. Whenever
>> close the console session that started the oc4j process, the process gets
>> terminated and there is the error "JVM termination" in the log files.
>> Starting the process with "nohup ... &" doesn't help. There's an article
>> on
>> Metalink that suggests as a solution to add "-Xrs" as a java startup
>> parameter, but that doesn't help either ...
>> Anyone that had the same problem and a possible workaround ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Matthias
>>

> Just do not start any java processes - you do not need them
> for APEX - all html generation takes place in the database,
> just just need a server to stream them to your browser.
>
> You could try to use the internal http server (XML-protocol
> install needed, but it's there anyway - APEX requirement),
> if security permits a 2-tier setup
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

I don't think I understand your reply :-) I followed the guide on
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/application_express/html/configure_printing.html to install OC4J to enable pdf generation from within Apex. It works fine, only the OC4J shuts itself down when I logoff. I don't want that :-) I know Apex works fine without OC4J but it needs a reporting server to generate pdf content.

Matthias Received on Thu Dec 27 2007 - 12:45:56 CST

Original text of this message