Re: OC4J JVM termination

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:31:30 +0100

Matthias Hoys wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed OC4J on RHEL to use as a reporting server together with Apex
> 3.0. The installation went fine, but I have 1 important problem. Whenever I
> close the console session that started the oc4j process, the process gets
> terminated and there is the error "JVM termination" in the log files.
> Starting the process with "nohup ... &" doesn't help. There's an article on
> Metalink that suggests as a solution to add "-Xrs" as a java startup
> parameter, but that doesn't help either ...
> Anyone that had the same problem and a possible workaround ?
>
> Thanks
> Matthias

Just do not start any java processes - you do not need them for APEX - all html generation takes place in the database, just just need a server to stream them to your browser.

You could try to use the internal http server (XML-protocol install needed, but it's there anyway - APEX requirement), if security permits a 2-tier setup

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...