Re: OEM Console on XP / Connect to 10gR2 server - insufficient privileges

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 10:32:39 GMT

jeremy wrote:

> We have a 10gR2 database running on Windows2000 server.
>
> I have just installed the 10g client and have run the 10g version of
> OEM Console.
>
> I can connect to the database as user SYSTEM if I choose the "Connect
> As" of Normal but if I try to "Connect As" SYSDBA, I get ORA-01031
> insufficient privileges. I have had a quick look around and cannot see
> any obvious solutions and am sure this must be a FAQ...
>
> thanks

When you connect 'as sysdba', you're actually connecting as sys, regardless of which userid you use. So there shouldn't be a need to use system as sysdba. Does it work ok if you use another user with dba privileges?

As to what's causing the error, no idea, unless someone's removed the dba role from system.

--
Preston.