Re: OEM Console on XP / Connect to 10gR2 server - insufficient privileges

From: jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 02:45:33 -0800 (PST)

On 5 Dec, 10:32, "Preston" <dontwant..._at_nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> When you connect 'as sysdba', you're actually connecting as sys,
> regardless of which userid you use. So there shouldn't be a need to use
> system as sysdba. Does it work ok if you use another user with dba
> privileges?
>
> As to what's causing the error, no idea, unless someone's removed the
> dba role from system.

Hi Preston

The reason I was using the "as sysdba" option was to see if it would provide some extra options - e.g. the "locks" option doesn't appear to be enabled logged in as "Normal" (even under user system).

E.g. click on Instance in the navigator on the left of the screen and to the right it displays a panel of info titled "Instance management" one of the options on which is "Monitor locks, sessions...." - clicking on the word "locks" should display (well in 9i OEM console) a list of the locks. The "locks" option is also not present in the navigator (and was in the 9i version).

So a little puzzled.

cheers

--
jeremy