Re: some thoughts on OOW 2007

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 06:15:43 -0800

Noons wrote:
> On Nov 20, 4:20 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:
>

>> Are you hard of reading or am I misinterpreting your statement? <g>
>>
>> Mary Ann Davidson is Oracle's Chief Security Officer.

> And I'm James Bond. Or at the very
> least, someone with a very high level
> security clearance from the Australian
> Defence Force.
>
> But:
> Does a title make a profession?
> Does a title authorize anyone to insinuate
> IT professionals suffer from conflict
> of interest?
>
> Sorry Daniel, but enough of the
> "if all else fails, then it must be
> a plot" approach: it does nothing
> to me...

For someone that did not sit in on the briefing, and take part in the discussion, you really come off as being the poster child for "sour attitude."

The discussion in Moscone West was highly technical and so far from market-speak that, quite frankly, you should apologize. Ms. Davidson is more than capable of talking about the intricacies of security at a level that, I've little doubt, you would find technically challenging: And does.

There is great value in being a cynic as you are so often proven correct. The risk is that commenting upon things of which you know nothing leaves you open to putting your foot into your mouth as you just did.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor