why administrator refuse to give permission on PLUSTRACE

From: zino <antony6670_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:21:48 -0700

why our DBA refuse to give us permission on PLUSTRACE ??? does that role expose the database to any security flaw ??? I need to set the AUTOTRACE to understand how the sql script is functionning, but our DBA refuse to give us permission to PLUSTRACE. View that I'm new to oracle, is there other way to analyse what the script is doing other than setting AUTOTRACE. thanks for help Received on Fri Oct 26 2007 - 07:21:48 CDT