Re: database control for multiple database

From: eliot06 <p.hirth_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 05:21:46 -0700

On 25 oct, 18:16, Brian Peasland <d..._at_nospam.peasland.net> wrote:
> eliot06 wrote:
> > Hi,
> > some one could tel me how can i do to connect onto web interface witk
> > multiple database 10g on the same server whitout grid control?
>
> > Typically :
>
> > LIST_SID=UID1 UID2
>
> >http://hostname:1158/em===> UID1 or UID2
>
> > thank's
>
> In short...you cannot. DB Control is for a single database. If you want
> the same functionality for more than one database (without running more
> than one DB Control), then you will need Grid Control.
>
> HTH,
> Brian
>
> --
>
> Brian Peasland
> d...@nospam.peasland.nethttp://www.peasland.net
>
> Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me.
>
> "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good.
> Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown
>
> --

I find a solution :

Oracle Doc ID: Note:395755.1

How to change ports for DB Control 10.2.x.x Ports used by the DB Control for RDBMS 10.2.x.x When the DB Control is initially configured, it uses a set of default system ports.
If this is the first DB Control configured on the node, the default ports are:
DB Control HTTP port: 1158
RMI port: 5521
JMS port: 5541
DB Control Agent port: 3938

Each new configuration of a DB Control on the node uses a set of default system ports, each port number being incremented by 1.

DB Control HTTP and Agent ports are stored in the file portlist.ini located in the RDBMS $ORACLE_HOME/install directory. If you have several DB Control configured on a node, DB Control HTTP and Agent ports are stored in the same file portlist.ini.

The utility emca reads the file portlist.ini to check which ports are already used.
Difference between 10.1.x.x DB Control and 10.2.x.x DB Control In release 10.1.x.x, it was possible to change the port numbers used by DB Control components by manually updating several configuration files.
See the note Note 289966.1 How to Change the Port Numbers for DB Control

In release 10.2.x.x, you must use the emca command-line to change the port numbers allocated to a DB Control
This is also documented in:
Enterprise Manager Advanced Configuration - Chapter 1.2.6.6 Specifying the Ports Used By the Database Control
available on OTN: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B16240_01/doc/nav/portal_booklist.htm

It is possible to change one, some or all four port numbers in one emca command-line
Change DB Control port numbers on a single node ORACLE_HOME must be set
ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_HOME/bin must be set in the environment variable PATH

Launch emca in interactive mode
$ emca -reconfig ports [-DBCONTROL_HTTP_PORT <port_number>] [-RMI_PORT <port_number>] [-JMS_PORT <port_number>] [-AGENT_PORT <port_number>]

Example:
$ emca -reconfig ports -DBCONTROL_HTTP_PORT 1160 -AGENT_PORT 3940 - RMI_PORT 5523 -JMS_PORT 5543 Enter the following information:
Database SID: db102

This emca command does the following:

  1. stops the DB Control
  2. updates the port number in the following files in $ORACLE_HOME/ oc4j/j2ee/OC4J_DBConsole_hostname_sid/config
    • rmi.xml
    • jms.xml
    • http-web-site.xml
  3. updates the port number in the following files in $ORACLE_HOME/ install
    • portlist.ini
    • readme.txt
  4. updates the port number in the following files in $ORACLE_HOME/ hostname_sid/sysman/config
    • emoms.properties
    • emd.properties
  5. starts the DB Control

Log files to check:
emca log file for this operation is located in $ORACLE_HOME/ cfgtoollogs/emca/sid.
emca log file name is in format emca_<timestamp_of_the_operation>.log

Launch emca in silent mode:
It is also possible to execute this command in silent mode with parameters provided in a response file:
$ emca -reconfig ports -silent -respFile /oracle/app/oracle/admin/ db102/scripts/emca_port_change.rsp
Example of response file: /oracle/app/oracle/admin/EM102/scripts/ emca_port_change.rsp
SID=db102
DBCONTROL_HTTP_PORT=1160
RMI_PORT=5523
JMS_PORT=5543
AGENT_PORT=3940 Received on Fri Oct 26 2007 - 07:21:46 CDT