Re: why administrator refuse to give permission on PLUSTRACE

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:14:47 -0700

zino wrote:
> why our DBA refuse to give us permission on PLUSTRACE ???
> does that role expose the database to any security flaw ???
> I need to set the AUTOTRACE to understand how the sql script is
> functionning, but our DBA refuse to give us permission to PLUSTRACE.
> View that I'm new to oracle, is there other way to analyse what the
> script is doing other than setting AUTOTRACE.
> thanks for help

Because your DBA is probably of marginal quality, doesn't understand the implications, thinks that importance comes from saying "No", is not a team player, and needs to be replaced.

Hope that was barbed enough.

Feel free to have your management contact me and I will gladly unload both barrels.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington