Re: Need recommendation DB upgradation

From: <jshen.cad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 07:30:37 -0000

> You realize that Oracle 9i is desupported as well? Provided that you are on
> a support contract, Oracle upgrades are free.

Oracle9i is supported by Infranet 6.5.

What I'm considering is , will it be more valuable to upgrade Oracle than just adding more DRAM.

To some post in this list before, Oracle10g's performance is about four times of Oracle8i.

How much performance improvement could we expect to Oracle9i ?

Joe Received on Sat Oct 20 2007 - 02:30:37 CDT