Re: Need recommendation DB upgradation

From: Terry Dykstra <tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 15:29:28 GMT

<jshen.cad_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1192806106.050891.262850_at_e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... hi,

   we are using Infranet 6.5 (Portal software product, which is now a part of Oracle) with Oracle 8i.

   As Oracle8i has been announced to be EOL, and we do have met several times of system fault cause Oracle8i bug. Also there is need to improve DB performance.

   Oracle's engineer says Infranet6.5 only support Oracle9i(version920), and Oracle10g is not supported. some other person said DB upgradation will improve system performance.

    As there is not so much budget available, we have to consider carefully whether to increase CPU number £¨£Í£Å£Í size), or to upgrade to Oracle9i.

     Will there be performance improve if we upgrade to Oracle9i? or is there any other system optimization method?

   best regards

Joe

You realize that Oracle 9i is desupported as well? Provided that you are on a support contract, Oracle upgrades are free.

--
Terry Dykstra