Help: srvctl

From: <emdproduction_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:47:20 -0700

I am learning to use RAC 10.2 on linux

I did a
$srvctl add database -d rac -o /opt/oracle/product_10g/10.2
$srvctl add instance -d rac -i vlinux1 -n vlinux1
$srvctl add instance -d rac -i vlinux2 -n vlinux2
$srvctl start database -d rac

Then I realized I made a mistake. vlinux1 is the hostname, the instance name should be rac1. Of course, the instance can not be started

So i am trying
$ srvctl stop instance -d rac -i vlinux1
$ srvctl remove instance -d rac -i vlinux1
Remove instance vlinux1 from the database rac? (y/[n]) y PRKP-1023 : The instance {0} is still running.rac

There is no instance vlinux1 running on this box, but OCR thinks that it is still running and would not let me remove them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Received on Fri Oct 12 2007 - 15:47:20 CDT