Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:52:15 +0100

"Bob Jones" <email_at_me.not> wrote in message news:c7iHi.5666$FO2.2917_at_newssvr14.news.prodigy.net...

> "Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_nospam.bigpond.com> wrote in message

>>> or just continue at
>>>
>>> http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2007/09/05/hit-ratios-2/
>>>
>>> but read that one first.
>>>

> Hmmm, the same thing does look more credible on a nicely formatted page,
> even from someone who said almost nothing on this thread. By randomly
> picking a few sentences from my comments, it does show he has other
> interests in mind.

Bob,

I believe I managed to identify every comment you made that was supposed to explain why, and how, you would use the buffer cache hit ratio. If you can find any other comments in the sequence of posts that add further weight to your argument then please feel free to cut and paste them into the comments section of the blog - or collate them in a short reply to this note.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com