Re: Cache Hit Ratio from system views

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:29:28 GMT

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_nospam.bigpond.com> wrote in message news:sObEi.32252$4A1.30226_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> "Shakespeare" <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> "Frank van Bortel" <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>> or just continue at
>>
>> http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2007/09/05/hit-ratios-2/
>>
>> but read that one first.
>>
>> Shakespeare
>
> Nicely written article. As usual, Jonathan explains things so much better
> than I could.

Hmmm, the same thing does look more credible on a nicely formatted page, even from someone who said almost nothing on this thread. By randomly picking a few sentences from my comments, it does show he has other interests in mind.

> Sadly, Bob will of course read this as further confirmation on how totally
> wrong he is regarding all this and will yet again vainly attempt to
> deflect his embarrassment by claiming that Jonathan hasn't read the thread
> properly and that all Jonathan's points are not related to the topic at
> hand.

You are wrong again. I said YOU did not read the thread. I guess I was right about that.

> Poor Bob has yet to learn that a redundant metric is really really useful
> because, ummm ummmm because it just is, is not the most convincing of
> technical arguments !!

Poor Dick, he still can't make any sense. Perhaps he is unconscious. Received on Sun Sep 16 2007 - 17:29:28 CDT