Updatable Views

From: DJH <NOSPAM_at_NOSPAM.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:45:21 -0400

Are there are traps to know of when using Updateable Views in Oracle?

ex.
table a, table b
upd view: select a.foo, b.bar from a,b where a.pk=b.pk;

I am assuming that Oracle will take care to update the right rows in either table as appropriate. Also will the triggers fire for each table as a normal table update?

An updateable view will be come very handy for me when creating some forms I am about to create. Are there are drawbacks to using them?

Thanks Received on Fri Sep 21 2007 - 11:45:21 CDT