Re: "library cache" from v$sgastat

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 06:32:10 -0700

On Sep 21, 4:58 am, vitalis..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know precisely what is included in the 'library cache'
> "SGA component name" from v$sgastat?
> I guess it is actually something like library cache handles plus other
> things, especially since there are other "SGA component names" for
> specific areas like the SQL area.
>
> TIA,
> Jerome

>From the Oracle9i Database Concepts Release 2 (9.2) Part Number
A96524-01 Ch 7 Memory Architecture

Library Cache
The library cache includes the shared SQL areas, private SQL areas (in the case of a multiple transaction server), PL/SQL procedures and packages, and control structures such as locks and library cache handles.

Shared SQL areas are accessible to all users, so the library cache is contained in the shared pool within the SGA. <<

Try looking at some of the provided library cache views to see what Oracle keeps in the library cache

v$library_cache_memory
v$lock
v$sql

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Sep 21 2007 - 08:32:10 CDT