Re: "library cache" from v$sgastat

From: Jerome Vitalis <vitalis..._at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2007 14:21:08 GMT

Mark D Powell wrote:

> >From the Oracle9i Database Concepts Release 2 (9.2) Part Number
> A96524-01 Ch 7 Memory Architecture
> >>
> Library Cache
> The library cache includes the shared SQL areas, private SQL areas (in
> the case of a multiple transaction server), PL/SQL procedures and
> packages, and control structures such as locks and library cache
> handles.

> Shared SQL areas are accessible to all users, so the library cache is
> contained in the shared pool within the SGA.
> <<

> Try looking at some of the provided library cache views to see what
> Oracle keeps in the library cache

> v$library_cache_memory
> v$lock
> v$sql

Thanks for your reply Mark, but I've already read those pieces of information. I'm looking for the exact scope of "library cache" in the context of v$sgastat, since we can find areas of the library cache in other "SGA components" as reported by this view.

échangez opinions et commentaires dans les forums de discussion. http://www.usenetgratuit.com/ Received on Fri Sep 21 2007 - 09:21:08 CDT